Yesterday I came across my first “hater” I guess you could call them. I run several accounts on Instagram and devote massive time and energy into my clients’ accounts to grow them organically and build B2B/B2C relationships.
I was questioned on my engagement rate for my business account.
Now, before I dive more in depth here are the engagement rates (provided by scrunch.com):
Good: 1.64% -3.48%
Very High: 6.67%-100%
I used to be at 70% and I was being called a fraud because it is “impossible” and it is hard. The truth is, it isn’t hard.
Here are my tips to a great engagement rate:
- Post multiple times per day, evenly spread out. DO NOT CLUTTER TIMELINES
- Take the time to go through your feed and like your followers post & leave valuable comments
- Provide value in all posts to engage discussions
- Respond to EVERY comment genuinely
- Join engagement groups. I am in a ton on Telegram and a few on the Instagram platform itself
- Actively follow new accounts & engage with them
- Build partnerships & sponsorships
In order to succeed you must have great time management because to run a successful business, you can’t focus all of your time on one aspect. Make sure when you are on Instagram you aren’t just scrolling through and looking around. Engage, engage, engage.