Let’s be honest, if you’re operating a business, you simply do not have the time to become a social media marketing whiz. The internet has a plethora of information on digital marketing but nothing that makes complete sense. I have a few tips to take that frustration away from marketing and teach you how to handle your marketing one step at a time. Let’s go over the top three things I see businesses lacking when it comes to advertising on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
- Posting without consistency.
– It is important to post at least once a day! If you’re not posting daily, Facebook will recognize this and rank you below your competition which is posting more. Facebook wants you to spend time on it, so that means keeping people engaged. POST POST POST!
– When you’re posting consistently, make sure to respond and interact with your followers. It is very important to increasing your individual relevancy score that Facebook uses to grade users.
- Not using video content (pre-recorded and Facebook live)
– Video content keeps people engaged and paying attention. Let’s be real, most of us are lazy and would rather not read. Instead we are kept engaged with video content. Facebook rewards people for posting videos more so than regular posts. Which means you will come up on someones timeline before another lower performing page would.
– Facebook live. Even without a plan, just open up Facebook and click the live button. Tell your story, teach people a thing or two about your industry, interact with your viewers. At the end of the day, people LOVE to see the person behind the business. So give them what they want, it might bring someone in who was once skeptical. Also, live videos increase your relevancy score… Always a good thing to do
- Not having a verified page
– Verifying your Facebook page means that Facebook will confirm that you are a legitimate business and not a fake account or an illegitimate operation. It takes 30 seconds to verify your business. When you do this, Facebook will feed you more customers in your industry. The fact is, 90% of businesses are unverified! So get verified before your customers and watch the messages flood in.
At the end of the day, social media marketing is easy once you get the hang of it. Making Facebook a part of your daily checklist will help your brand awareness and make finding your business much easier. Customers drive your business, so drive them in your doors with social media!